Virtual One-on-one Movement Lessons
Customized one-on-one movement lessons that meet virtually on either ZOOM or FaceTime. Courtney Anne has coached students one-on-one since 2010 with highly specialized training and individualization. Sessions are informed by the Pilates Method, functional fitness, intuitive movement, posture, strength training, mobility, and play. She uses a holistic approach to wellness in teaching that consider the whole student: mind, body, and spirit. Together we will work to building variety, frequency, and awareness throughout your movement practice.
Sessions will utilize the equipment that each student has available to them at their homes and can include items such as: Pilates apparatuses, hand weights, foam rollers, rings, therabands, and other fitness equipment. No equipment is required for training, but will just provide additional options for the sessions. Just your body and presence required.
To stay aligned with her personal values, Courtney Anne opens herself up to a very limited number of sessions weekly.
Current sessions are available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7am, 8am, 9am, and Wednesday 10:15 am CST.
Sessions are 50-minutes in duration.
Begin your journey by booking your first session.
In-person Pilates One-on-one Lessons
Courtney Anne is available in Sheboygan, WI teaching one-on-one sessions at Core Connection Pilates on Mondays and Thursdays. Sessions utilizes premium Pilates equipment such as the Pilates reformer, trapeze table, chair, barrels, and small props. Sessions can be booked through Core Connections webpage. She also teached a small group equipment class Mondays at 12:15-1:15pm, and a reformer class Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm. To check for openings in small group classes, e-mail: email@example.com
Move and Yield Community
Read more about the making and the mission of Move and Yield.
Drawing Inspiration from:
- Pilates, functional fitness, intuitive movement, dance, and play
- Building variety, frequency, and awareness in our movement practice
- Connecting to nature and spending time in outdoor spaces
- Teaching compassion, capability, and kindness to ones body
- Thoughtful introspection and turning inward to discover our inner desires
- Moving the spine in all directions and exploring movement possibilities
- Beauty that surrounds us in one another, nature, and within ourselves
- Simplicity, sustainability, and minimalism
- Curiosity and creativity about what our artistic expression is in this world
- Daring to play to access joy and delight in life
- A holistic approach to wellness that considers mind, body, and spirit
- Setting intentions in our movement practices and lives
- Online Pilates-informed movement mat classes
- Bi-monthly book club meetings on themes surrounding Move and Yield
- Small group movement series
- Movement Meet-ups and classes in natural settings
- Instagram inspirations and content @courtneyannemoves
- One-on-one sessions, virtual and in-person
- A newsletter with articles, musings, tips, and upcoming events
- Adult modern dance/embodied movement classes
- A combination of virtual experiences and in-person experiences for people to join from near and far
Move and Yield Book Club
A book club that virtually meets bimonthly to discuss a book surrounding various themes surrounding the Move and Yield community. Books will vary in topics relating to: movement, nature, creativity, community, personal introspection, and mindset.
We will read both fiction and non-fiction titles and join together for a 90 minute meet-up on ZOOM for an open discussion on concepts presented in the book, along with guided questions, and hive-minding applications to our daily lives. The session will culminate with an activity led surrounding ideas from the book.
After signing up, you will receive snail mail with a short guide/prompts, supplementary material, a list of any supplies you’ll need for the activity at the meet-up, and a small gift. <3
Virtual Meet-ups will happen on the second Tuesday of the month on ZOOM from 6:00-7:30 PM CST.
Hosted by Courtney Anne Holcomb, movement educator, Pilates teacher, dancer, creative, nature enthusiast, and creator of Move and Yield.